the great debate

politics will NOT be the topic of discussion here – breathe easy readers :0)

paint colors on the other hand…

i need YOUR feedback! there is a creative standstill going on in our house over which color to paint the nursery.

i had this room picked out as my initial inspiration piece:

then found some fun with the aqua/yellow scheme:

inspiration pieces aside – i’m going for something fun, gender neutral, but not with the traditional “nursery” vibe to it… i’m planning on putting up a white chair rail with the above and below color options of:

the first column is option A = calypso and cote d’azur. the second column is option B = aqua-sphere and tranquil aqua. the last column is option C = hazel and drizzle.

the hubster is leaning more towards option C with the muted/calm nature tones with yellow/terracotta/coral accents, i’m digging option A with the vibrant/joyful under the sea tones using yellow and magenta accents. option B has the same colors as this brochure that i saw in the paint store, but once i got it on our walls it kinda looked more like a rainy day vs happy baby room = out of the running:

option D is to use the upper colors of option A’s paint swatch with yellow and coral/pink accents:

blue bauble and slick blue

so – what do you think?!
should i head back to the drawing board and find a happy medium between option A and option C?
are you digging JC’s choice with option C or are Mel’s wild side with option A?!
then there’s the added twist of option D?

i’ve never had such a hard time picking a paint color before. this is actually the first time ive ever come home with samples to put up on the wall!

decisions… decisions…

Advertisements

9 responses to this post.

1. Posted by AD on 2012/10/23 at 14:59

I like lower A with lower B….A on the bottom, B on the top….but then??????

2. I love A. I did an underwater theme for CC but I love the added twist of Yellow in with the blue:) I am sure baby timm will love ewhat ever you pcik

3. Posted by Sar on 2012/10/23 at 16:05

I’d have to agree with Jeffy on this one ( there’s a first for everything) 🙂 regardless, little babe will love her nursery no matter what!! 🙂

4. Posted by Gretchen on 2012/10/23 at 16:40

I love the vibrant with yellow and pink accents! It’s what I am trying for in my home soon.

5. Posted by Mel on 2012/10/23 at 16:57

I’m loving all of the comments, Facebook posts and emails with your suggestions – keep em coming!!

6. Posted by Suzanne on 2012/10/23 at 16:57

So far, I’m with Jeff on Option C.

7. Posted by mama on 2012/10/23 at 17:44

Dont ask me I liked B but I must say A is really you. So I say go for it!

8. Posted by DePa on 2012/10/23 at 19:30

DePa’s 2 cents is a combo of sorts. Aqua top, Slick blue bottom 1/2, white chair rail (I can install if you’d like) and a rug with yellow’s & whites like the 2nd picture.

OBTW if she’s anything like her Mom she’ll change it about 16+++ times by the time she moves to her own place. God bless Jeffy

9. Posted by julie on 2012/10/24 at 14:57

The blue in my office is called SMOKE and I love it. I know you said no to B, but I like B.

comments

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s